Apple has released preview 3 of Xcode 4.6, which supports development with iOS 6.1 developer preview. The later has also been updated to Beta 3.
Here is a summary of the updates as shown in the release notes:
– SDKs for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and iOS 6.1 developer preview.
– Support for iPad mini and iPad with Retina display (4th generation).
– Updates to the Apple LLVM compiler and Objective-C language:
– Compilation warnings aid in ﬁnding bugs using ARC and weak references.
– otool is enhanced to support disassembly of Intel AVX instructions.
– Support for C++11 “user deﬁned literals” and “unrestricted unions” features.
– Support for MS-style inline assembly.
– Updates to the LLDB debugger:
– Ability to read metadata from the Objective-C runtime.
– Improved support for stepping over inlined functions
– Prints function argument information in backtraces by default.
– Supports “thread return,” temporary breakpoints, and a variety of aliases to add
common shortcuts from GDB.
– Elements of NSArray and NSDictionary objects can now be inspected in the
– Various bug ﬁxes and stability improvements.
Download Xcode 4.6 Developer Preview 3
To download Xcode 4.6, log into the iOS Dev Center and select the iOS 6.1 beta tab.
You must be running OS X Mountain Lion or OS X Lion to use Xcode 4.6